Wallington Library, Shotfield, Wallington, SM6 0HY
020 8770 4900
- Mon: 8am - 9pm
- Tue: 8am - 9pm
- Wed: 8am - 9pm
- Thu: 8am - 9pm
- Fri: 8am - 9pm
- Sat: 8am - 9pm
- Sun: 9am - 6pm
- Monday: 8am to 9pm
- Tuesday: 8am - 9am and 5pm - 9pm
- Wednesday: 8am - 9pm
- Thursday: 8am - 9am and 5pm - 9pm
- Friday: 8am - 9am and 5pm - 9pm
- Saturday: 8am - 9am and 5pm - 9pm
- Sunday: 9am to 6pm
The library is staffed from 9am to 5pm, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Extended hours may change subject to service demand. To access the library during extended hours, library members need to have completed an induction and then scan a library barcode at the entrance and enter their PIN.
Café Opening Hours:
- Mon: 9am - 3pm
- Tue: 9am - 3pm
- Wed: 9am - 3pm
- Thu: 9am - 3pm
- Fri: 9am - 3pm
- Sat: 9am - 3pm
- Sun: Closed
With over 1,000 visits being made during a three month pilot using self access technology since May 2023, we will be continuing to offer extended hours at Wallington Library. Extended hours enables library members to study, work or meet, at times more convenient to them. Entering the library will involve the library member scanning a library barcode at the entrance and entering their PIN to access the library. During extended hours there will not be the presence of regular staff, and CCTV will be recorded at all times to ensure public safety. When the library is moving into the extended hours period, library visitors must vacate the building. Library members will then be able to enter the building 15 minutes after the extended hours period starts. If you have used the library during extended hours and would like to offer feedback, please fill in the feedback form.
Extended Hours Induction
In order to access the library and its services during extended hours, registered library members will need to complete an induction and agree to the Extended Hours Terms and Conditions. Once completed, the library member’s account will be upgraded to enable entry during extended hours.
There are two ways to complete an induction:
1. Attend a short, physical induction. Book into a free induction through this link. At the end of the induction the library member's account will be upgraded to enable entry during extended hours.
2. Watch a short video and afterwards fill in a quick form as confirmation. Within 72 hours the library member’s account will be upgraded to enable entry during extended hours. You will receive an email once this has been completed.
Wallington library is a fully accessible library. First floor access is by lift. There is an accessible toilet. There is also a RADAR toilet. There is a public car park adjacent to the library with spaces for disabled car users.
Wallington Library provides:
- Adult and children's fiction and non-fiction books
- A dedicated children's library
- I.T. facilities, including photocopier facilities, scanning, printing and free wifi
- Study spaces
- On-site café
- Audiobook collection
- Meeting rooms (please contact for availability)
- Extended Hours
To pre-book certain services, please contact us by email ([email protected]).
Please follow our social media channels at the bottom of the page for online content such as Rhymetimes & Storytimes, and sign up for the Sutton Cultural Scene email newsletter for further updates on the service and events.